Ielts essay 2



Someone believes that accepting a bad situation is fine, such as an unsatisfactory job and salary. On the other hand, someone tries their best to change their fate of undergoing bad situation. Which one is more persuasive? Let's discuss about it.

Some people accept the bad situation because they think that it is too much pressure to be more successful. They think that life should be relaxing and simple. If they have spare time, they will be undoubtedly choosing entertainment rather than learning something advanced. For example, my classmate, James, usually achieves Grade B in mathematics. As he is my true friend, I suggested two books of exercises for him. I said that they can help him to achieve Grade A. However, he rejected and told me that achieving grade A will lessen the room for improvement. I knew in my mind that it is a lame excuse. He is just too lazy to do those exercises and prefer to play computer games.

A coin has two sides, other people argue that it will be better to make a change of the bad situation. Those people are mostly more ambitious. They can sustain greater pressure, so they are willing to work more in order to have better living standard or get senses of accomplishment. For instance, thirty-five years ago, my father was young and just an office boy. He had low salary and was often offered to deliver letters, documents and do some unimportant jobs. He thought the job was harsh and had no prospect. One day, he knew that there was an accounting exam called LCCI. If he passed this examination, he can be promoted to be an account clerk whose salary was four times higher than the current position. He grabbed this opportunity and studied hard. He got passes in the LCCI examination, both in intermediate level and higher level. Soon, he became more successful than his previous supervisor.

From my point of view, I will absolutely choose to upgrade my life. Why? Because I am ambitious and tough enough to sustain a lot of pressure. You cannot avoid sacrificing your time of entertainments; yet you will earn it all back soon.

To conclude, I would like to say as Les Brown, "Shoot for the moon. Even if you lose, you will land among the stars." It means if you have tried for your target with all your might, you may not have the best achievement. However the knowledge you earn is a reward itself.


留言

  1. 謝利米,

    It is meaningful and encourage people to get a high salary job.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. I think my amount of points is not balanced. I still have a lot of room to improve.

      刪除
    2. 謝利米哥哥,

      You will be better in no time.

      刪除

張貼留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

太陽

閱讀報告:拾香紀

表哥,那一次我不是故意的