An Embarrassing Situation

Describe an incident when a moment of forgetfulness got you into trouble.


A brilliant sunbeam was slanting through a gap in the curtains. It was shining right on to my eyelids. Annoyed, I rolled on and ducked my head down into the middle of my soft pillow. Wondering about the time, I stretched out my arm to grasp the robot - shaped alarm clock on my bedside table. I forced open my eyes, focused them on the numbers ... and screeched!

Jumping out of my bed, I swung open the wardrobe door. Putting on my school uniform, I dashed to the bathroom. Halfway, I spun around and grabbed my school bag, deciding not to brush my teeth. Soon, I grabbed the sandwich for my breakfast and rushed out of the door.

As my feet raced on, I noticed a group of schoolgirls looking my way with great interest. Well, well! Obviously, I was still attractive even with uncombed hair. My heart was throbbing furiously in my chest as I sprinted past many people. In no time, I reached the bus stop.  I swallowed my breakfast while I was waiting for the bus. At the moment of getting on board, I found that a few passengers were gazing at me with curious sights. Staring straightly and persistently at the display board with anxiety, I did not have enough patience to think about it.

The journey seemed to take ages. I hopped off the bus and dashed off to the school gates, which was just about to be closed.  As I burst into the campus, I braked to change direction and made a beeline for the back of my class. Screeching to a halt, I took my place behind my classmates.

In the whole gathering of my class, I seemed to be the centre of attraction. It did not matter much to me at the moment for I was used to being looked at. However, to say the least, I was a little surprised when everyone stopped staring blankly at me and started to giggle. Out of blue, the whole class was filled with roars and bellows of laughter.

"Jeremy! Why on earth are you in slippers?" my friend, John, blurted out amidst the hollers of laughter. Then, I looked at my shoes, which should be black, were the wrong colour and wrong shape. At first, even my powerful brain could not figure it out.

A sense of embarrassment crept up to my head and drove my horror rushed through my veins. I could hardly imagine our strict discipline teacher's face when she knew this. I desperately hoped that this was only a nightmare.

At this crucial moment, I looked out of the classroom and that was my mom. She carried the shoes for me when she found that my shoes were still at home after I had left for school. I put on my shoes and thanked my mother. I tried hard to forget this experience, but unfortunately, I cannot. Hereafter, I dare not to sleep in. I set three alarm clocks at different places of my bedroom.



留言

  1. 謝利米哥哥,

    It is awesome and i can't forgot this writing because the story is humorous also the robot picture is adorable.

    回覆刪除
    回覆
    1. Humour will add a lot of value to the compositions, but writing a humorous story is not easy. I hope I can write more interesting stories.

      刪除
    2. 謝利米哥哥,

      I believe you can write a humorous story, you can do this.

      刪除

張貼留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

太陽

閱讀報告:拾香紀

表哥,那一次我不是故意的